Congratulations to the following members for the presentations at IJCAI2023 Macau, IJCAI2023 Symposium on Multimodal Reasoning – Techniques, Applications, and Challenges:
Congratulations to the following members for the papers accepted by MICCAI2023:
Our Team projects Skull mountable robot won awards at The 9th Hong Kong University Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, organized by Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association, in Jun 2023!
Third-place Award: Skull mountable robot
Congratulations to the following members for the papers accepted by ICRA2023 and presentations at ICRA2023:
L Bai, M Islam, L Seenivasan, H Ren*
arXiv preprint arXiv:2305.11692, ICRA 2023
- Domain Adaptive Sim-to-Real Segmentation of Oropharyngeal Organs Towards Robot-assisted Intubation, Guankun Wang, Tian-Ao Ren, Jiewen Lai, Long Bai, and Hongliang Ren
- Relational Reasoning in VQA Models for Visual Question Answering in Robotic Surgery, Lalithkumar and Hongliang Ren
Our Team (Ruoyi, Jiewen, et al..) project Vision-guided Fiberoptic Nasotracheal Intubation Robot won Silver Medal, at the 48th International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva, in April 2023!
The project was also showcased at
- 2023, June, Interview with TVB New Technology Health Information新科技健康資訊 for Intubation Robot
- 2023, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, HKTDC Hong Kong International Medical and Healthcare Fair, 16-18 May
Dr. Ren won the Healthy Longevity Catalyst Award (Hong Kong) 2022 with research on intragastric balloons.
More information can be found at:
Congratulations to the following members for the papers accepted by MICCAI2022:
- An et al Rethinking Surgical Instrument Segmentation: A Background Image Can Be All You Need
- Lalith et al Surgical-VQA: Visual Question Answering in Surgical Scenes using Transformer
- Mengya et al Rethinking Surgical Captioning: End-to-End Window-Based MLP Transformer Using Patches
Our Team projects Modular Parallel Robot and Magnetic Capsule won awards at The 8th Hong Kong University Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, organized by Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association, on May 27-28, 2022!
Congratulations to the following members for the 3 papers accepted by ICRA2022 and presentations at ICRA2022:
Godwin: Chip-Less Real-Time Wireless Sensing of Endotracheal Intubation Tubes by Printing and Mounting Conformable Antenna Tag
Lalith: Global-Reasoned Multi-Task Learning Model for Surgical Scene Understanding
Ling: SIRNet: Fine-Grained Surgical Interaction Recognition
Godwin and Lalith are presenting at ICRA on site this year:
Dr. Ren, together with Godwin, was invited to give a talk at IEEE IMBioC (International Microwave Biomedical Conference) 2022, on Kirigami Strain Sensors Using Conductive Trace and Radio Frequency Estimation for Robotics. Related webpages: http://www.nusri.cn/IMBioC2022/