Applications are invited for appointment as Research Assistant Professor (RAP) in the Department of Electronic Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), to commence as soon as possible for 3 years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
The appointee will work closely with faculty members who sponsor the RAP in the Department to enhance the existing strengths. Information about relevant research in the Department can be found at http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/. The appointees are expected to be able to have top-tier research outputs and apply for RGC GRF grants and similar external competitive grants. The appointee is also expected to undertake light teaching duties at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
[RESEARCH AREA OF INTEREST]
Medical Robotics, Image-Guided Procedures, AI, Perception & Applications:
Particularly, the main areas of interest include AI-assisted endomicroscopic procedures, Medical Image Processing, biorobotics & intelligent systems, multisensory perception, AI learning and control in image-guided procedures, medical mechatronics, continuum, and soft flexible robots and sensors, deployable motion generation, compliance modulation/sensing, cooperative and context-aware flexible/soft sensors/actuators in human environments.
The scholars will have opportunities to work with an interdisciplinary team consisting of clinicians and researchers from robotics, AI & perception, imaging, and medicine.
* Ph.D. degree in robotics, AI, Computer Science/Engineering, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, medical physics, automation, or mechatronics background
* Preferably have proven expertise in AI/robots/sensors, instrumentation, intelligent systems, magnetic actuation, ROS, general purpose robotic control
* Fluency in written and spoken English, good organizational skills, the ability to work independently, a strong sense of responsibility, and self-motivation are essential.
* Outstanding academic records/publications or recognitions from worldwide top-ranking institutes
* Postdoctoral experience or equivalent qualification is typically expected
* In-depth research and clear teaching statements are expected
* Successful records in securing research grants and teaching records are preferred though not compulsory
[HOW TO APPLY]
Qualified candidates are invited to express their interests through an email with detailed supporting documents (including CV, objective, research interests, education background, research & teaching statements, representative publications, and demo projects) to Prof. Hongliang Ren ASAP by email