There are multiple openings for Ph.D. scholarships to perform research on Medical Robotics Perception & AI at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). Particularly, the main areas of interest include biorobotics & intelligent systems, medical mechatronics, continuum, and soft flexible robots and sensors, multisensory perception, AI learning and control in image-guided procedures, deployable motion generation, compliance modulation/sensing, cooperative and context-aware sensors/actuators in human environments. For more details, please refer to the recent publications at Google Scholar or lab website http://labren.org/.
The prospective researchers/students will have opportunities to work with an interdisciplinary team consists of clinicians and researchers from robotics, AI & perception, imaging, and medicine.
* Honorary Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering (ECE), robotics, medical physics, automation, or mechatronics background
* Self-motivated and preferably with strong academic records (obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 or equivalent)
* Outstanding academic experience (eg reputable research publications, National Scholarships) or recognitions from a top university
* You might be eligible for various Ph.D. Scholarship Schemes depending on your qualifications, so reach Prof Ren with background details
* If you already obtained a Ph.D. admission offer from a top overseas university (eg QS or THE top 50 universities) for 2021-22, you might be eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s Ph.D. Scholarship Scheme
[HOW TO APPLY]
Qualified candidates are invited to express their interests through an email with detailed supporting documents (including CV, transcripts, objective, research interests, education background, experiences, GPA, representative publications, demo projects), and if applicable, a copy of an offer letter from the top overseas university if available, to Prof. Hongliang Ren email: firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
Lab website: http://labren.org/
CUHK EE Ph.D. Program: http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/en-gb/curriculum/mphil-phd-programme/admission
CUHK Vice-Chancellor’s Ph.D. Scholarship Scheme: https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/scholarships-fees/scholarships#vcphd
CUHK HKPFS Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: monthly stipend of HK$26,600 (approx. US$3,410)